Are you fit enough for this challenge?
Obstacle races, or mud-runs, are getting more and more populair these days. And to be honest, they’re quite fun for the racers, spectators and us too.
Last weekend we where in Madrid for the Spartan Race. Let’s tell you more about these kind of races and what to expect. First of all: you will get dirty, really dirty. An obstacle race is about running a track full of obstacles. By running think about running on concrete, dirt, through water, forest and hills. The obstacles you’ll find are very diverse and go from easy to hard – though there’s usually an alternative if you don’t make it.
There are many races to find from different organizations, so there’s a good change to find a race which suits your capabilities. Keep one thing in mind, you have to train for these kind of races, no matter how short the distance is.
- If you think you’re not fit enough or it’s too hard we would like to give you these advices:
Train at least for the running distance
- Go with a group, it’s always good to have extra support if you have a hard moment.
- Don’t forget the spectators will cheer you through the obstacles. So you get this extra shot of adrenaline to get you to the finish line
- Obstacle runs are fun, so don’t forget to enjoy. You’ll look so much better on our pictures 😉
- The biggest reward is the finish line, this experience will change your life…
Here are some pictures from the Spartan Run Madrid so you can see what to expect:
As you see it’s a lot of fun to join a race like this! Which race will you join in the near future?